Acast is the world’s largest independent podcast company. Founded in 2014, the company has pioneered the open podcast ecosystem ever since – making podcasts available on any listening platform.
Acast provides a marketplace, helping podcasters find the right audience to monetize their content. When our podcasters make money, we make money.
Today, Acast hosts nearly 66,000 podcasts, with more than 400 million listens every month. The company operates worldwide and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.
About the role
We are looking for someone with a strong understanding of the Salesforce platform and a desire to keep learning. The Salesforce Administrator/Developer should be comfortable liaising with users and enjoy learning new business processes in order to find and implement suitable technical solutions. As a member of an autonomous, purpose-driven team, you will play a major role in shipping new features while simultaneously improving the efficiency, stability and scalability of the systems. We expect you to contribute to development within your team, but we also encourage you to learn and contribute to other parts of the stack. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary environment based on agile principles. This team is a DevOps team, meaning that it develops, operates and maintains the infrastructure and the systems. We are using Salesforce as the CRM system and you will work with configuration and development. In addition to playing a key role in the growth of this team, you will also be able to influence your own personal growth while at Acast.
Who you are
· You have a solid experience in Salesforce administration/development
· You might have some experience with development of Lightning web components (Specific for SalesForce)
· You have a pragmatic mindset and can make trade-offs on what to optimize for and when to ship
· You might have some basic knowledge in Node.js/Typescript
· You might have some basic knowledge in cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure)
Where you will be
· Most of our teams are hybrids with some members co-located in offices and some working remote. With a remote first way of working we want you to feel productive regardless of work location!
· Where? For this role, it can be within the UK or Sweden
· Working hours? We want to avoid teams distributed over time-zones, so this team will operate within the CET time zone for collaboration. This setup allows us for more flexibility and work-life balance.
While it is not essential to possess all these skills, being open-minded and eager to learn and develop the ones you don't have is key.